Updated: 24th October 2020
Here’s my honest and detailed review of the Hoover Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe carpet cleaner (FH50150).
Power Scrub Deluxe is one of the best-selling mid-range carpet shampooers that deliver superior performance, deep cleaning your carpets by removing tough stains of all types. Besides, it’s known for its sturdy design, ease of assembly, and versatility.
But is it suitable for removing pet stains from carpets and upholstery? And is it the best carpet cleaner in the segment or should you consider another Hoover or BISSELL machine?
Here you’ll get answers to all your questions. Moreover, I’ll take you through every aspect of the Power Scrub Deluxe carpet cleaning machine.
Powerful, intelligent, versatile, easy to use and maintain, value for money
Disclaimer — As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Review
- Final Overview of Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why should you buy Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Shampooer?
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Review
- Dimensions: 17.25 X 11.5 X 43.25 inches
- Product weight: 18.1 lbs
- Power source: Corded
- Cord length: 20 feet
- Power rating: 10 amps
- Clean water capacity: 1 gallon
- Cleaning path: 11.25 inches
- Detergent capacity: 16 ounces
- Dirty water capacity: 1 gallon
- Warranty: 2 years
- Accessories: Sample bottle of cleaning solution, 8-feet hose, stair tool, upholstery tool, crevice tool, and mesh tool storage bag
- Surface type: any type of carpet, rug, upholstery, car seat and sofas, hallways, stairs, furniture
- Stains type: pets and children messes, tea, coffee, juices, wine, grease, and other extra-tough stains
- 360-degree SpinScrub Brush Technology to clean efficiently from all the angles
- Dual Tank Technology to store clean and dirty water conveniently
- DualV Nozzle design to suck maximum filth from the surface
- Wash & Rinse modes and heated airflow for quick drying
- Auto Detergent Mixing System to correctly mix solution for effective cleaning
- Additional tools to clean every surface type
- Removable nozzle and brushes for ease of cleaning
A 10 amps (~1200 Watts) motor drives the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe carpet cleaner. Expect a throttling performance that sucks deep embedded dirt and stains with much comfort. It’s capable of infusing life into your filthy decade-old (even more) carpets and rugs, making them as good as the new ones.
The 360-degree SpinScrub brushes rotate horizontally, stirring up carpet fibers to remove dirt and grime. The DualV nozzle provides a defined path through which dirty solution flows easily into the tank.
Since it comes with a stair tool, upholstery tool, and a crevice tool, its usage extends to cleaning upholstery, stairs, hallways, auto interiors, and furniture. With the help of an 8-feet long hose, you can reach out to all problematic areas.
Ease of Use
The sturdy and ergonomic design makes it easier to move the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe upright shampooer over carpets and rugs. With its two main handles, it is easy to carry Hoover around.
The clean water and the dirty water tanks have capacities of 1 gallon each, sufficient for cleaning a large carpet area. The water level indicator tells you when to refill.
The heated airflow hastens up the process of drying, thereby providing you with dry carpets in just a few hours after a deep wash.
Wash and Rinse modes enable you to first wash the carpet with the detergent solution and then rinse it with clean water so that no residue remains behind.
The automatic detergent and water mixing mechanism tackles your concern about taking the right proportions of water and detergent in the mixture.
Ease of Assembly
The Carpet Basics Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe comes in a semi-assembled form. You just need to attach the handle to the base by driving two screws at the back after inserting the handle into the stem.
There’s a designated slot to attach the hose if you plan to use hand tools to clean stairs, upholstery, and crevices.
The handle is non-collapsible and therefore, you need sufficient space to store the carpet cleaning appliance. You get a mesh tool bag to store all accessories and tools in one place. The 20-feet cord winds up neatly on the backside.
Ease of Maintenance
Hoover provides a 2-year warranty on Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe, comparatively lesser than available on other carpet cleaners in the same segment. But customer service is good, so you won’t face any problem if there’s an issue with the machine.
Since the carpet cleaner features removable brushes and nozzle, its maintenance is relatively easier. Further, handy attachments are also easy to clean separately.
However, if you want to clean it deeply, you’ll have to be ready with a screwdriver, some technical expertise, and plenty of time. But you have an option – take your machine to the service center.
This full-sized carpet cleaner weighs 18.1 pounds. It’s more or less the same as other carpet cleaners in this range. However, with a gallon of the solution in the tank, it’ll be much heavier.
By looking at the Power Scrub Deluxe, you may think it’s a bulky machine. However, it doesn’t come with a lot of bulk and inconvenience of many large models and is, therefore, easy to carry up and down stairs as needed.
If you plan to carry it in your car, you’ll have to unscrew the handle to make the storage easy.
Power Scrub Deluxe is designed to clean any carpeted or fabric surface in your home, car, office, or any other place you can think of. It moves seamlessly over carpets, rugs, stairs, hallways, and upholstery.
The powerful suction, SpinScrub brushes, hand tools, and heated air mechanism will give you a pristinely clean and dry surface by weeding out old as well as fresh stains of all types, including pet stains, food and beverage spills, grease marks, and sweat stains.
The consumer reports indicate that the model is successful in removing most of the salad dressing, pet, wine, and tea stains. However, if you do not pretreat them, they would be visible even after two sessions.
Consumers also suggested that the wash and rinse switch could be better positioned either on the handle or at the back rather than on the front as it is now. A few others complained about popping out of its hand tool connection too often (can be solved if fixed properly).
Overall, Power Scrub Deluxe has seen massive success and it’s definitely one of the favorite carpet cleaners of all times. Consumers praise its all-rounder performance, versatility, and robust design.
- Reliable & versatile performance
- Easy to assemble & maintain
- Intuitive functions
- Includes storage bag
- The 2-year warranty could have been extended
- Lacks pretreatment mechanism
- Prone to internal damage if not cleaned properly after carpet cleaning sessions
Final Overview of Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
Overall Score — 8.7/10
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why should you buy Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Shampooer?
So that’s it from my side. In this review, you’ve got all the information you need about the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe carpet cleaner. It’s a tried-and-tested, powerful, versatile, and sturdy machine that delivers exceptional results every time.
If it was only a budget-friendly, no-frill carpet cleaner you were looking for, you should not wait to read my next review as you will be content with what Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe carpet cleaner has for you to offer.
- Hoover Power Scrub Elite (FH50251) vs. Power Scrub Deluxe (FH50150)
- Hoover SmartWash PET Complete Automatic Review
- Hoover PowerDash Pet Compact Carpet Cleaner Review
- Best Carpet Cleaner for Pet Stains
- Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet vs. BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro
- Hoover SmartWash+ Automatic vs. Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet
- Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet vs. BISSELL Big Green
Do you have questions that are still unanswered? If yes, drop them down in the comments and I’ll revert at the earliest.